Sunday, November 13, 2011

God’s glory amidst report comments


I’ve been quiet in the blogosphere this past week, mostly because I’ve been sweltering under exams to mark, comments to write and reports to edit – intermittently and happily cooling off at various end-year functions et al.

So, despite my efforts to write something poignant or poetic, my mind is defaulting to report-comment mode. If Scott was in one of my classes…:

I have thoroughly enjoyed teaching Scott this year. I have been pleased to note that his health has improved significantly over the past few weeks, and he is seldom without a smile. I really appreciate his unabashed affection and his politeness – he is innately cheerful, quick to cuddle and eager to say ‘Ta’ when requesting assistance. He has worked hard at his mobility this term, and I am thrilled that he is going into the final exams walking up to seven steps at a time. His oral confidence has also developed, and while he is still not the most vociferous member of the class, he is slowly increasing his vocabulary, even employing sophisticated onomatopoeia in some of his verbal presentations (e.g. ‘Moo’). Scott is also proving to be adept at ball skills, rolling, throwing and stopping balls while laughing hysterically. He loves the outdoors, and his Dad. I wish him every success in 2012.

A handful of things to be grateful for this week:

1.       Thunder, rain-heralding breezes and mosquito repellent
2.       Cam’s insatiable interest in everything
3.       When disciplining Cam and Scott: the relief of knowing God has made a way out (1 Corinthians 10:13), and pointing them to it
4.       ‘You call out the stars and they shine for you… How great you are, Lord…’ – Aiden Whitaker
5.       ‘Everyone will share the story of your wonderful goodness…’ – Psalm 146: 7












1 comment: